Uncover the fascinating history of Santorini on a guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations, a prehistoric town that has been frozen in time by ash that fell during the Minoan volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago. Some speculate that this may be the origin of "Atlantis", a mythical city described in the scripts of the Greek philosopher "Plato" and has been lost in time since. Ruins, frescoes, and impressive ceramic artifacts are just a few of the finds that add even more intrigue to the site as you wander around.
Continue your wine discovery in the island's countryside visiting 3 traditional Santorini wineries and enjoy cellar tours to see how the wine-making process unfolds, from grape to glass. Learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture traditions at the unforgiving island conditions & taste a selection of 12 Santorini wine styles such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri, and the sublimely sweet Vinsanto wine. At the final winery visit enjoy a 2-course lunch of elegant local cuisine paired with excellent wine the estate locally produces.
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned mini-van
- Guided tour of Akrotiri by a professional guide
- Visits at three Santorini wineries
- 12 different wine-tastings from Santorini and Greece
- English-speaking wine expert guide / Sommelier
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines
- 2-Course lunch at the final winery stop
- Local cheese and snacks tasting
- Admission tickets at Akrotiri and the wineries
- Hotel / Airbnb pick-up and drop-off service
- Gratuites (optional)
- Personal expenses
Participation: A minimum of 2 participants is required per booking. You can do this tour in private basis uppon request. Please send us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get the price for a private tour.
Minors under 17 allowed to participate only on private version, along with guardian or parents.