Explore the history of Santorini at the lost city of Akrotiri, the most impressive prehistoric site all over the Aegean and spend a fascinating afternoon sipping crisp Santorini volcanic wine during visits to 3 traditional wineries all acclaimed by international experts.
Begin your experience with a visit at the Akrotiri Excavations, a prehistoric city from the Bronze Age, frozen in time by ash during the minoan volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago. Some speculate that this is the origin of Atlantis – a mythical city, lost in time. The large extent of the settlement, the elaborate drainage system, the sophisticated multi-storeyed buildings with the magnificent wall-paintings, furniture and vessels, show its great development and prosperity. In Akrotiri, the excavations revealed evidence of winemaking, estimated from the 3rd Millenium BC., placing Santorini as one of the oldest winemaking regions in the planet.
Continue the discovery at the vineyards of Santorini, visit the low vines and learn about the unique viticulture. Enter 3 traditional wineries and taste a selection of 12 different wine styles from Santorini & Greece such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and the legendary sweet delight, Vinsanto.
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned mini-van
- Guided tour of Akrotiri by a professional guide
- Visits at three Santorini wineries
- 12 different wine-tastings from Santorini and Greece
- English-speaking wine expert guide / Sommelier
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines
- Local cheese and snacks tasting
- Admission tickets at Akrotiri and the wineries
- Hotel / Airbnb pick-up and drop-off service
- Gratuites (optional)
- Personal expenses
Participation: A minimum of 2 participants is required per booking. You can do this tour in private basis uppon request. Please send as your request at email@example.com in order to get the price for a private tour.
Minors under 17 allowed to participate only on private version, along with guardian or parents.